I recently got people on my Instagram to ask me any questions they had so they could get to know a little more about me personally. It’s honestly something I should have done a little earlier in my blogging but hey, better late than never right? I thought I’d make it a little interesting too and ask people what their very first impression of me was, and then I got them to fill in the blank “Sasha wouldn’t be Sasha without ____”, which got some funny replies! You can watch the IGTV video for this portion cos I figured that writing these impressions here would be pretty redundant. So here are your answers, enjoy 🙂
- “How old are you?“ I’m 23, turning 24 in June.
- “What do you do?” I work at KPMG in the External Audit division. We ask a million questions and demand even more evidence and receipts to back it up. Basically, people hate my guts but I’m ok with that because it’s what I’m paid to do haha.
- “What is your biggest accomplishment?” – I’d say becoming the independent person I’ve grown to be. Leaving home and coming to a completely new environment pushed me to grow in ways I never could have imagined. My blog is also an important part of that growth because it symbolises me stepping outside of my comfort zone and pursuing something that I love and have a passion for, alongside what I went to school for.
- “If you could change something about yourself what would it be?” For the longest time, my answer to this question was always my legs. I always used to complain about how skinny they were, but now I’ve embraced them for how long and slender they are. Physically however, my teeth would definitely be on that list. Your girl has problematic dentals that really need to be worked on. You will probably see a post with an update about this very soon!
- “What drives you/gives you ambition?” Simply put, THE LIFESTYLE. I enjoy luxury and expensive things (I am my mother’s child), so I just have to work hard to be able to live as comfortably as I want to! There’s also just a certain peace that comes with knowing I can have what I want when I want it.
- “What is your biggest inspiration?” It’s difficult to give an absolute answer to this question because I find inspiration in my day-to-day interactions with people. The tiniest of things, like reading an article or observing the way someone handles a tricky situation, inspire me to think about how I can apply these different principles to my own life.
- “What was your dream job as a kid?” Believe it or not, I wanted to be a singer. I sang in my high school and church choir, but definitely always felt like more of a backup singer than the main musician.
- “How do your friends describe you?” I think they would primarily describe me as a no-nonsense person. I have a low tolerance for BS and strange behaviour in general, and have been known to make that very clear to people lol. I think they would also say I’m confident, pretty sassy, and easy-going, but you might have to ask them lol.
- “Do you enjoy travelling?” Absolutely! Traveling is such a good way to open up the mind and get to explore cultures and experiences outside of what you already know. I’ll forever say that traveling makes one more wealthy than any currency could.
- “What does the name African sunflower mean to you?” So this name came about when I wore a yellow bikini to the beach once, and someone told me I looked like a sunflower. Their words just stuck, especially because of how much I’m actually intrigued by sunflowers. They just look like sunshine and love, and I felt that it resonated with me a lot more than any of the previous blog names I experimented with before.
- “Name a guilty pleasure of yours and also one of your pet peeves.” I’ve gotten into this habit of eating toast after dinner every night… no matter how big of a meal I’ve had haha. That’s definitely one of the guilty pleasures I’ll have to let go of once I get back in the gym. As for pet peeves… I could name a few! People coughing without covering their mouths, know-it-alls who man-splain simple things to me, untidy kitchens or bathrooms, and people showing up unapologetically late!
- “ Is your bf West/East African?” He is West African. GH got the sauce LOL.
- “What’s your favourite WWW?” My favourite White Wine Wednesday has been last year’s pre-Valentines day post on being the single friend in the friend group. I just think it’s a super relatable post and there were a couple words of wisdom dropped in there, if I do say so myself. Do check it out if you haven’t already.
- “What is your biggest fear?” Apart from spiders and ALL creepy crawlers, my biggest fear is losing the people I love. I really value my relationships with people, and the thought of not being able to talk to someone I recently interacted with/ shared a deep connection with scares me so much. I can only pray to be able to cross that bridge when I get there because everyone experiences loss.
- “Are you a glass half-full or a glass half-empty kind of person?” I’m definitely a glass half-full type of girl. I’m always looking for the light at the end of the tunnel and enjoy doing the things that people have said were impossible to do. I’m a big believer in surrounding yourself with positive energy and seeing that manifest into positive outcomes in life. Trust me, the less you associate with nay-sayers, the more confident and results-oriented you will be. It all begins in the mind!!
As always, thanks for reading loves; any comments and feedback are always welcome! Don’t forget to follow my IG @african_sunflower, where you can watch my full video response to these questions. You can also catch up with my latest post here. Have a great week!